The Rack, a VR pool game on Steam will soon go from free to paid so get it while you can. Once you claim the game and add it to your Steam library, you can keep it forever.
This game was accused of having predatory practices (it has some pay-to-win mechanics), so the developer decided to cancel ALL microtransactions and instead simply make the game a paid one.
We recommend you get the game for free now, then wait a bit until all microtransactions are removed to enjoy it properly.
What is changing:
– The game will be not free to play anymore but will be changed to a one-time payment price
– All the currently available microtransactions will be eliminated
– You can not buy coins with microtransactions anymore, you have to collect them by winning games. If your coins are getting low, you can get a free top-up anytime.
– All the currently available features of the game will be included in that one-time payment for a lifetime.
– Now you can not buy cues with microtransactions, only with coins and you need to collect that coins by winning games.
– Creating/joining VIP room does not cost you coins
ABOUT THE GAME:
The Rack is the world’s most innovative social hub to play 8&9-Ball in VR. With realistic ball and table physics, you can put your real life skills to the test! Whether you’re an aspiring VR Pool professional, or seek the more casual lifestyle, there is sure to be enough to keep you busy!
The Rack has Mixed user reviews on Steam and you can get it for free before it becomes a paid game sometime soon.
HOW TO GET THE RACK FOR FREE:
To get The Rack free on Steam, head over to the Steam Store Page and add it to your account, free of charge! After a while this game will cost a certain amount of money on Steam.
NOTE: This free VR game requires one of the following virtual reality headsets: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or Valve Index.
Curated lists of free games on IndieGameBundles:
Want more free PC games? Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Steam to get a notification of future free game giveaways.
To see what other free games we wrote about, check out the Freebies category.
To see what was free in the previous weeks, check out the “weekly update” tag.